See the full S4xEurope agenda and register here
We have been adding sessions to the S4xEurope program over the last few weeks, and it has rounded into a great event for anyone interested in advanced ICS cybersecurity information. We assume attendees know what a PLC is, the difference between OT and IT, and why securing critical infrastructure ICS is important. The speakers at S4 events are providing advanced and bleeding edge technical, administrative, economic, political and related field information on securing and attacking ICS. If you haven’t looked at the agenda lately, here are some of the highlights:
- Kevin Jones, head of cybersecurity at Airbus, will give his views on the Factory of the Future
- Rob Caldwell of Mandiant will unveil some ICS malware in the wild that is doing some new and smarter things to attack ICS. We are working with Mandiant to provide a bit more info on this in early May without doing the big reveal until S4xEurope.
- Felix FX Lindner will give a talk on Human Trust and the Distributed Device Nightmare that I believe is highly relevant to the IoT security challenge.
- We are hugely excited that the sad fact of Insecure By Design ICS is finding ending, and the panel with major PLC vendors will discuss the new security features as well as those planned. Imagine actually being able to deploy a secure ICS. There are also sessions on secure ICS protocols and integrity measures in Level 1 devices. You need this info to prepare for your next ICS or planned upgrade.
- We have some of the best offensive talent on the agenda including Dmitry Nedospasov, Vladimir Dashchenko, and Alexander Bolshev
- There is a new EU Directive that you need to hear about and Rossella Mattioli from ENISA will tell you about. There’s also a session on the new German regulations for critical infrastructure security.
- Hear the success stories of developing cybersecurity talent and meet some of the student and teacher participants.
- Plus we have sessions with Ralph Langner, Eric Byres, Reid Wightman and more.
I’ll provide the upbeat and highly realistic closing keynote “Defense Will Win”.
Hope to see you at S4xEurope. Vienna should be great in June, and as always the social events will make you forget you are at an ICS event.