I spoke with two Digital Bond alumni and Lord Remorin at the S4x20 Cabana Sessions about a wide ranging set of technical topics.
Reid Wightman, Principal Vulnerability Analyst at Dragos
- What he found interesting as an attendee, not running the CTF, at S4x20?
- Jake Brodsky’s Session: Secure Coding Practices for PLCs
- The Pwn2Own competitors not being ICS regulars and future of Pwn2Own in ICS
- Reid’s background at SEL and with Ed Schweitzer prior to Digital Bond
- How much gear Reid has in his basement?
- Will Reid run an ICS CTF in the future?
Stephen Hilt and Lord Remorin of Trend Micro (at 10:00)
- How they built the ICS Factory Honeynet to be highly realistic including the logic, public presence, employees and more
- Did they ever have an attacker who understood ICS?
- Was Mike an homage to Michael Toecker?
- Did Shodan find their honeynet? Did they label it a honeypot?
- What is the future of this or similar ICS honeynets at Trend Micro?
Dale’s ICS Security Friday News & Notes