In this episode Dale Peterson interviews Sandworm author and Wired Senior Writer Andy Greenberg on the S4x20 Main Stage. They focus on the ICS issues in the story.
The discussion includes:
- What led Andy to write this book?
- What response did people he interviewed want to these Sandworm attack? Did he think any of these proposed responses would be effective?
- Should NATO Articles 4 and 5 been triggered in any of these European cyber attacks?
- Interviews with Obama and Trump officials on cyber norms to agree not to do things like attack critical infrastructure. (They didn’t want to do this; they wanted to have the option to do it.)
- The USG concept of defending forward.
- False flags used in Sandworm attacks, and the future of false flags and misleading attribution.
- Besides Sandworm, who were the villains in the book?
- Why did he go and how scared was Andy when he went to Russia to see the building where Sandworm worked?